Accounts Payables Supervisor
Artemis goes hunting! We are currently looking for an Accounts Payables Supervisor for one of our clients located in St-Laurent, Montreal. This position is a permanent position offering a lot of stability.
Great Company! Looking for a great candidate!Reporting to the Manager of Operational Accounting, the Accounts Payable Supervisor is responsible for managing a team of Accounts Payable Clerks and providing support to the Finance department. He/She will perform a range of general clerical, accounting and accounts payable support functions, while providing leadership and coaching to more junior staff.
· Review entry of vendor invoices and credit notes in the accounting system and confirm three-way match process has been performed correctly
· Validate the invoices and obtain adequate approvals prior to payment
· Lead the reconciliation of vendor statements and guide Clerks on how to correct discrepancies
· Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
· Prepare and process checks, wire transfers and credit card payments
· Respond to vendor inquiries
· Provide guidance and leadership to the team and help to establish best practices within the department
· Provide guidance and mentorship to 34 team members
· Assist the Manager of Operational Accounting with the review and implementation of process controls
· Process accounting journal entries
· Provide supporting documentation for audits
· Track employee performance in order to provide appropriate feedback to team members, providing metrics to management
· Diploma of vocational Studies or College Diploma in Accounting
· A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Accounts Payable
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
· Proficiency in accounting softwares, an asset
· Good written and verbal communication skills in both English and French
· Highly analytical and detail oriented
· Exceptional organizational skills and ability to work independently
· Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner
· Strong interpersonal skills with a natural ability to build relationships
Artemis offers high standards recruitment services specializing in accounting and finance for temporary and permanent positions.
Our headhunters are proactive, fast, efficient and professional.
With Artemis, your need will become your opportunity!