Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for 40 years, from studies and design to commissioning and operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada's Best Employer recipient from Kincentric and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our talent acquisition specialists.
Type of position: Regular
As a member of the Finance and Accounting Department, you will be required to:
• Enter supplier invoices into the accounting software and ensure they are correctly charged to the firm's various projects.
• Reconcile and enter transactions made using the firm's credit cards.
• Verify and process expense reports.
• Have invoices and expense reports approved, where necessary.
• Respond to ad hoc requests associated with supplier accounts and expense reports.
• Create purchase orders in the accounting software.
• Deposit client payments.
• Perform bank reconciliations.
• Review and optimize the various Accounts Payable processes, as required.
• Prepare supplier payment.
• Verify supplier statements of account.
Work Schedule: 37.5
• Excellent aptitude for teamwork and maintaining positive ties with coworkers
• Organized and ability to meet tight deadlines
• Attention to detail and meticulous with work
• Show initiative
• DCS or technical diploma in Accounting
• From 3 to 5 years of experience as an accounting technician, or as an accounts payable technician
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Excel in particular
• Bilingual (English and French) spoken and written
• Asset: Knowledge of an enterprise resource management (ERP) software package, like Microsoft Dynamics AX