Requisition ID: 97433
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Purpose of Job:
Working within Global Risk Management, you will leverage your strong background in data analytics to produce analysis resulting in actionable insights that improve the Bank’s loan losses & profitability.
Leverage your strong analytical background in order to collaborate with various business partners to:
• Manage collections analytics, performance monitoring and strategy evaluation routines
• Deliver on analytical projects that provide actionable insights to improve collection efforts and recoveries
• Develop statistical segmentations to forecast customer payment behaviour
• Design and implement policies to help our customers in need of loan modification programs
• Recommend improvements to outsourcing strategies
• Provide oversight of collection efforts by developing performance reports and early warning triggers
• Must have strong collaboration and communication skills
• Must have strong background in statistical & quantitative analysis
• Must have three years’ relevant experience in credit risk or portfolio management.
• Must have experience with statistical software packages such as R or SAS
• Must have experience manipulating large and complex databases
• Must have a degree in statistics, economics, computer science or business
• Experience with TRIAD or similar collections in risk platforms are strongly desired
• Must have experience with using and/or developing credit risk scores and their application in strategies.
• Must be results driven individual with high level of curiosity and ability to dive into details without loosing sight of the big picture
• Must have exceptional organization skills to prioritize, manage, and implement a variety of competing initiatives, on a concurrent or staggered basis
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.