Do you have financial administration and problem-solving skills? Join the team at the Education Quality and Accountability Office (EQAO), an arm's length agency of the Ministry of Education, where you will provide accounts payable review and processing services.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• review invoices and expense statements for accuracy and compliance with contracts, agreements and other source documents
• investigate and resolve invoice errors and discrepancies
• process invoices for payment
• maintain computerized and hardcopy accounts payable files
• prepare payment summaries
• provide information services to EQAO staff and contractors on accounts payable processes and procedures
How do I qualify?
Financial and accounting knowledge and experience:
• knowledge and skill in accounting systems and financial administrative procedures and processes
• demonstrated knowledge of accounting software such as Great Plains
• demonstrated ability to interpret and apply accounting policies, guidelines and standards
Reasoning, analytical and arithmetic skills:
• review invoices/statements, and identify errors and/or discrepancies
• determine the appropriate solution to a problem, and follow up as required to implement a solution
• apply arithmetic skills to check the accuracy of invoices, process invoices, and maintain accounts payable records
• proven ability to establish own priorities and meet tight deadlines
• experience in a high volume financial processing environment
Communication and interpersonal skills:
• verbal and written communication and customer service skills to respond to inquiries and explain information clearly
• proven ability to work effectively on a team
• proven ability to prepare accounting reports and spreadsheets
• experience using spreadsheet and database software applications to sort, track and manipulate numerical data
Salary Range: $23.79 - $27.73 per hour
Please apply online, only, by Tuesday, May 2, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 106664 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario's Human Rights Code.