Address:YSC - 4881 Yonge Street
Job Family Group:
The Data Warehouse Business Systems Analyst is both the technical and business subject matter expert for one or more applications or platforms. The Business Analyst is accountable for providing technical guidance and specialized support for development and implementation of applications. They work as a liaison among business and technical stakeholders to elicit,
analyze, communicate, and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies,
information, and information systems.
• Identifies and documents the business partner’s functional and data requirements based on a business process description to ensure that the final deliverable coincides with the context of the business operations
• Manages and documents the translation of business needs into requirements to communicate to the project team activities, resources, and deliverables necessary to meet business objectives
• Participates in investigations, interviews, and formal or informal requirements gathering sessions to understand stakeholder needs
• Recognizes discrepancies between business needs and deliverables, when reviewing and validating requirements, and communicates these discrepancies to stakeholders to ensure that they understand and either accept these discrepancies or identify a need to change project direction
• Analyses technical problems for senior management development teams, and business partners in order to identify the technical approach and solution options for the given problem; this includes collaborating with project teams to resolve technical road-blocks, performing solution proof-of-concept (POC), and examining third party product offerings
• Provides application design and development costing estimates to senior management that are used in determining business initiative feasibility and priorities, and/or used by the bank’s IT Project Managers for project planning
• Reviews project documents (e.g., High Level Requirements Document [HLRD], High Level System Design Documents [HLSD], and application code) received from other Technical Specialists, Business Technical Specialists, and Project Managers to ensure quality, completeness, and adherence to Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) documentation standards, as well as identifies synergies between project initiatives in order ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the development process
• Provides technical and application expertise to senior management and project teams, including the areas of governance methodologies and processes, for purposes of ensuring the architecture and applications are consistent with the design framework, Enterprise/industry standards, and the BMO strategic direction
• Provides technical coaching to team members on design patterns, development processes, and application functions in order to improve their technical skills
• Manages operational aspects of governance forums to ensure meeting productivity
Knowledge & Skills:
• Must possess a university degree/college diploma
• Must have with proven experience building data warehouse environments from conception to production (full project lifecycle)
• Strong experience with business system analysis in a complex data warehousing environment running on UNIX platform.
• Strong experience gathering business requirements from client groups and lines of business' and converting these into functional specification documents ("deep" documentation experience is required)
• Proficient using SQL statements to query data
• Ability to read a data model & perform data mapping
• Experience working in a medium to large size shop with a matrix reporting structure
• Experience working in the financial industry is an asset
• Possesses a good knowledge of a significant segment of client business and/or industry standards
• Demonstrates solid knowledge of one or more areas of systems technology
• Possesses solid business knowledge in the Finance/Banking industry
• Strong experience meeting with clients and users
• Proven experience building and maintaining client relationships
• Displays good interviewing and facilitation skills
• Communicates easily with stakeholders in varying situations (e.g., one-on-one interviews, formal requirement gathering sessions, etc.)
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.