Language Designation: Bilingual
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): BBB
Salary Range: $63418.82 to $79273.53
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
This position reports to the Accounting team in our Office of the Chief Financial Officer sector. This sector uses financial foresight and legal insight to improve housing affordability
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships You will process ongoing payment requests to support CMHC’s financial activities. You will support the synthesis and delivery of strategic financial guidance to various corporate clients. You will also act as a business partner, helping clients with their payment requirements. You will proactively develop an in-depth understanding of the business operations, through discussion and analysis, distilling financial needs and gaining trust as a business partner. This will help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
What you will need
• Undergraduate degree in a related field such as accounting, finance, business administration, economics or commerce.
• Minimum of three years’ experience in finance-related positions with increasing responsibilities.
• Knowledge of relevant financial, legislative and regulatory environments.
• Understanding of financial statements and general accounting principles.
• Excellent organizational skills to manage several ongoing and competing projects.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong ability to work in a high-stress, multi-demand environment.
• Demonstrated computer skills and knowledge of software applications.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and work in a multi-demand environment.
• Well-developed written communication skills.
• Strong influencing skills for making recommendations to clients.
• Excellent ability to gather and analyze information, synthesize key elements and summarize recommendations.
• Ability to take initiative and work independently and in a team environment.
• MBA or professional accounting designation (CA, CGA, CMA, CPA).
What you will be doing
• Provides expert guidance and advice on activities and operations relating to Accounts Payable.
• Analyzes invoices and expense claims for accuracy and eligibility for payment.
• Overseas, reviews, and ensures timely payments of vendor invoices, employee and lender claims, housing, subsidies, and lending programs, taxes, rentals, etc.
• Advises on implementing new financial policies, processes, systems and internal controls. Monitors and analyzes control gaps (internal control framework), and advises on appropriate remedial action, as needed.
• Understands and analyzes current operational processes. Identifies non-value added processes and maps improved processes to recommend specific and meaningful improvements in efficiency.
• Establishes and maintains meaningful relationships with all clients, leaders and other relevant stakeholders to gain a thorough understanding of the operations and environment, to facilitate collaboration in accomplishing finance tasks, and to influence complex business decisions.
Financial Analysis and Oversight
• Maintains accurate and complete accounting records and reconciliations as well as related statements and reports. Ensures adherence to current accounting standards as well as proper implementation of new accounting standards.
• Performs, documents and guides ad hoc financial analysis for areas that have been prioritized by management,
• Supports the Accounts Payable team, Manager and Director in complying with the external audit, including the timely provision of reports, explanations, data and related information, as required, to external auditors.
• Distills and formulates thoughtful and supported financial recommendations based on the results of proactive financial analysis, identified areas of risk exposure, and available opportunities for improvement; ensures the recommendations align with enterprise-wide objectives and initiatives.
• Applies an understanding of business performance measures to contribute to the production and delivery of reports containing in-depth analysis that provides meaningful insight into the underlying drivers of performance within the function using operational and strategic metrics, key expense performance indicators, benchmark comparisons and other variables.
Strategic Business Partnering and Client Management
• Proactively develops an in-depth understanding of the business operations through discussion and analysis, distilling financial needs and gaining trust as a business partner.
• Supports internal client groups, ranging from middle management to senior VPs, providing guidance, advice and recommendations with regard to special initiatives and unique business cases and is accountable for guidelines, policies and risk management. Plays a highly autonomous role with discretion on when matters need to be escalated to managers or directors (usually in high risk, policy non-compliance issues)
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: Note, the competition may remain active until filled
Job Requisition ID: 4374
Primary Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Other Location(s): Halifax, Montréal, Québec, Toronto, Calgary & Vancouver
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Limited