At Thermo Fisher Scientific, our Finance teams are essential to our business and functional teams to make educated, sound decisions that drive our Mission and make us a stable and trusted industry leader. From Financial Planning & Analysis, Tax, Treasury, Financial Reporting, Audit, Investor Relations, Strategy & Corporate Development to Accounting, our Finance functions have a diverse and global presence, providing significant opportunities to develop unique career experiences and perspectives. Ranked #95 on the 2021 Fortune 500 list and with revenues of more than $35 billion, you’ll discover endless opportunities to grow a rewarding career as part of the world leader serving science.
How you will make an impact:
RSD Canada is a distribution business within Customer Channel Group, which offers Scientific products serving Canada market.
Seeking an Analyst who will be an integral part of RSD Canada finance team to support the delivery of our near and long-term financial objectives. The scope of responsibilities includes all FP&A planning, analysis & reporting to execute financial goals and initiatives to support a growing organization.
What you will do:
Analyze transactional / operational data, identify anomalies, recommend accruals / reversals to ensure accurate reporting
Develop, standardize, and improve regular analyses and reports to share business and financial insights, and support monthly /quarterly /annual forecasting and budgeting process (i.e. support MBR, QBR, AOP, etc.)
Build and update dashboards, PowerPoint and other business intelligence tools by datamining in various systems
Independently investigate data issues and/or information given, ask pertinent questions and identify root causes, collaborate with functional business partners and system support to improve data quality
Collaborate with business partners to generate key assumptions and drivers for decision support, independently conduct ad hoc data analysis to identify business insights and observations
Analyze the profitability of products and services, identify P&L drivers to identify risks and opportunities, and drive actions
Translate business inputs into financial assumptions, build and maintain forecast models to project future business trends, results, etc. covering areas including revenue, new product launch, pricing, operating expense, CAPEX etc.
Proactively learn and adopt new systems and tools to improve analytics capability and accuracy
Primary office at Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
How you will get here:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business related field
• 3+ years relevant experience in finance
• Prior experience in a large global company and highly matrixed organization is an asset
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Proficient user of systems (i.e. Hyperion, Hyperion planning, Power BI, Cognos, excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Effective verbal and written communication skills, able to summarize and present information in a concise and effective manner
• Attention to detail and consistently delivering high quality work. Ability to learn quickly, meet deadlines and multi-task in deadline driven environment
• Good understanding of business processes and operations & financial controls, able to identify control weaknesses in existing process and recommend mitigation actions