Temporary Full Time Salary: Under Review The City of Markham, an award-winning municipality with more than 353,000 residents, is Canada's high-tech capital and most diverse community, enjoying a rich heritage, outstanding community planning and
Corporate Accountant (Corporate Stores) Reports To: Manager, Corporate Store Accounting Location: Aurora, Ontario Job Purpose The Corporate Accountant is a key position that is heavily involved in the day-to-day operation of the Finance Department
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for the accurate preparation, documentation, and execution of multi-state payroll through the payroll system, ADP PayForce. Review and audit the calculation of pay ensuring compliance with company policies, all
Job Type: Permanent Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations: Toronto Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those
Please apply through this link: https://markhamoffices.applytojob.com/apply/lib4or5mjU/Full-Cycle-Bookkeeper?source=accountingjobs.ca
Do you love working in a fast pace environment, where you constantly make impact and meaningful contributions on a daily basis?
We are looking for an amazing Full Cycle Bookkeeper to support our growing team and company long term.
DETAILED ROLE OVERVIEW
The Bookkeeper will manage and provide full cycle accounting including but not limited to, AR, AP, Inventory, transactions/statement reconciliation, team member expenses and more. Additionally, you will be a key point of contact with our vendors/suppliers and in contact on a daily basis to ensure accuracy of orders/pricing/products and ensuring any issues are resolved. This role will also develop an end-to-end understanding of our inventory, lead ongoing and recurring tasks – including purchase orders, inventory audit, and reconciliation. The role is dynamic and will evolve over time according to the needs of the business.
- Using QuickBooks to issues invoices to our partners/clients
- Ensuring payments are received and applied in a timely manner
- Work with customers to promptly resolve issues with suitable outcomes (discount, replacement, refund)
- Manage and automate vendor payment process with Accuracy:
- Reconciling bank accounts and credit cards by gathering receipts and invoices and balancing information
- Partner with warehouse incoming team to make PO adjustments where necessary to receive
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
- Creation and maintenance of accurate inventory parts using QuickBooks Online inventory system
- Managing inventory accuracy and reconciliation within QuickBooks and working with team to also ensure ongoing accuracy
- Supporting Team with physical inventory count process
- Resolving inventory related issues with vendors/suppliers on a daily basis
Other Daily Activities
- Ongoing and regular proactive communication with suppliers, vendors, providers and internal teams
- Posting and processing journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Supporting business with placing Orders with regular vendors
- Maintaining financial records for company by analyzing balance sheets and general ledgers
- Corrects errors by rectifying or posting adjusting journal entries
- Maintains general bookkeeping by reconciling accounts receivables
- Secures financial information by maintaining confidentiality and organized filing in SharePoint
- Maintains company's accounting standards by following policies and procedures
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, incomes statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Assist senior accounting staff in preparation of monthly/ yearly closings
- Comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial statements
- Ensuring double orders are not created by implementing process/check to proactively reduce duplicate ordering
- Products created/entered are accurate through holding vendors accountable to providing accurate/detailed invoices as required
- Accuracy of product model data (Working with Incoming team)
- Actively tracking data as required by the business
- Improve work processes and efficiency by creating and implementing strategic plans
- Document all crucial processes in a standard operating procedure Document and update as necessary when processes are altered
- Presenting financials/reporting on a monthly basis to Management team.
- Filing of GST/HST and any other relevant filings with the CRA.
- Including daily/ad-hoc activities needed such as but not limited to Audit/Reporting, research, Coordination, etc.
- Conducting bi-weekly inventory audits to ensure accuracy and to identify discrepancies
- Develop monthly financial statements that include cash flow, profit and loss statements, and balance sheets
- Provides financial status information by preparing weekly/ monthly and special reports
- Install measures to measure and analyze variants in expenses
- Assist in financial and tax audits and general ledger preparation
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
EFFICIENCY is a big part of our company culture. To us this means being able to do more with less, always finding better, smarter and easier ways to do things without compromising quality. Increasing efficiency in all aspects of company and team function, increases the overall growth potential of the company.
ORGANIZATION is equally important. It enables your ability to be both efficient and effective. Organization to us means using tools (calendars, SharePoint and other internal tools) to keep things where they need to be. It also means taking appropriate notes when being assigned a task so that the task can be completed to meet expectations. Organization also includes having guides and documents created and in the right places so that yourself and others can easily refer back to be able to complete a task.
Being HIGHLY DETAIL ORIENTED is key and we need an individual who has an amazing eye for details! Being detail oriented reduces the need to go back and forth between different individuals we work with (internal or external). We always strive to do things right the first time and learn from mistakes quickly, so they never occur again.
B.SC or BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field of study
5 years of Accounting/ Bookkeeping Experience
Advanced knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel)
Experienced in QuickBooks Online (Required - at least Intermediate Experience)
Knowledge of best financial reporting principles and practices (GAAP)
Microsoft Outlook/ SharePoint
Full-Cycle Accounting Experience
HIGH Computer proficiency
Salary: $55,000 - $65,000