AbeBooks, an Amazon company, connects millions of buyers with booksellers from around the world. We provide a marketplace for hundreds of millions of items that includes everything from exquisite manuscripts and long-lost books from your childhood, to postcards from Mohandas Gandhi and signed first editions of “A Farewell to Arms”.
AbeBooks Finance is looking for an experienced, self-driven and analytical Accounting Analyst. Finance is all about the numbers…unless you work at AbeBooks; it’s knowing the numbers and so much more. Enthusiasm and energy help us deliver new ideas, and solutions. Do you view problems as treasures, and are you willing to dive deep to develop those solutions and deliver results? Will you seek to challenge the status quo, and accept that your ideas and mechanisms may be tested daily? At AbeBooks, we move with purpose and speed, and this requires we work with a dynamic network of Marketing, Seller Management, Operations, and Tech partners. We help others understand finance and are *the* trusted business advisors by employing every facet of data and communication to ensure our partners and our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help them make the best possible decision. Come teach us a few things, and we’ll teach you a few things as we help people discover and buy any book from any bookseller across the world.
Key Responsibilities Include:
· Maintaining general ledger accounts, preparing journal entries and reconciling month-end balances
· Internal financial reporting pertaining to revenue, sales, tax and expenses
· Month-end close processes
· Working cross-functionally with other departments to ensure proper accounting and processes, tax and compliance requirements are met and provide data to internal and external parties, as appropriate
· Working with corporate Accounting to support analysis and variances investigations
· Provide assistance with ad hoc reporting and special projects, as requested
· Identify and implement process improvement opportunities, where applicable.
This role requires a self-starter with strong problem-solving skills, a keen attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations. The role also has regular interaction with various business units across AbeBooks and Amazon and requires strong people skills.
AbeBooks offers competitive salaries, a generous benefits package, and a beautiful waterfront office space, as well as bonus perks such as a health and wellness subsidy, fresh fruit, donuts, free drinks and snacks, foosball, ping pong, and pool tables... the list goes on.
What really makes us stand out is the world-class team of people that you get to work with every day. We trust our employees because we only hire the best. We want people who are prepared to challenge the status quo and always raise the bar. And we do all this while having fun and enjoying the tranquility of island life.
Apply today, and learn more about why you should join our award-winning workplace!
· BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related field
· 2+ years of relevant operational accounting experience
· 2+ years of proven familiarity with concepts of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Advanced Excel skills desired.
· Demonstrated financial acumen and/or analytical experience delivering variance analysis, and data interpretation of results
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities and drive projects to completion.
· Excellent attention to detail, strong problem-solving skills and the ability to deal with ambiguity.
· Ability to work in a team-oriented environment, often cross-functionally.
· Excellent verbal & written communications skills
· Experience in Oracle ERP
· Experience with SQL, Tableau, TM1/COGNOS
· Experience in multinational, foreign currency operations.