Vancouver's Best Vitamin, Sport Supplements Store, and Smoothie Bar is looking for a:
Full-Time Intermediate Accounts Payable Clerk
THIS POST IS FOR YOU IF:
- You have a solid understanding of Quickbooks Online, Simply Accounting Software, and a solid understanding of the payables process, reconciliations and general bookkeeping duties..
- You have a solid understanding of the AP workflow.
- You understand internal controls and are able to identify safeguards to mitigate risk.
- You have a near-obsessive approach to filing, organization, and communication.
- You have an outgoing, friendly demeanor and take a positive approach in all you do.
- You recognize the value of your work as a contributing factor to the success and growth of the business, as well as the satisfaction of our customers.
- 1 year minimum experience in an accounts payable position or in an accounting role.
- 1 year minimum experience operating Quickbooks Online.
- Ability to utilize Quickbooks OnlineSoftware with no supervision.
-Thorough understanding of invoice coding and how they impact the Balance Sheet and the Profit and loss statement.
- Manage the Accounts Payable process.
- Process invoices for local suppliers with accuracy and respecting the terms of payment.
- Strong understanding of Google Drive, spreadsheets and documents, as well as electronic and physical filing. Solid understanding of reconciliations, the AP process and working knowledge of Quickbooks Online.
- Demonstrate strong task management skills, including prioritization and communication.
- Other duties as required, including potential support at retail level if needed.
- Uphold all Company standards relating to customer service, personal conduct, and act as a role model for all other staff.
- Capacity to manage a high volume of documents payables with precision and accuracy.
- Proficiency using all Microsoft applications, specifically Excel and Outlook.
- Data entry of a high volume of vendor invoices while maintaining a high attention to detail & accuracy of coding.
- Follow up with management on overdue invoices and approval requests.
- Ensure timely payments to all suppliers by obtaining proper authorization approval.
- Review all management expense reports and credit card statements.
- Update the accounting system on a daily basis with accuracy.
- Maintain organized electronic and paper communications, including filing.
- Correspond with AP vendors to resolve problems and discrepancies
- Extended health benefits after 3 months.
- Generous staff discount.
We appreciate submissions by all applicants, however only those short-listed for the position will be contacted for interview.We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time