We’re looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist to join the Accounting Operations Team in our
procedure to pay operation. In this position, you will be a key component of the Accounts Payable
team and play a part in managing the hyper-growth that Hootsuite is experiencing.
The selected candidate will have a customer service focus and bring a proven track record of success
in administering Accounts Payable. Attention to detail is a must while managing multiple priorities
and maintaining a high level of accuracy. We are looking for someone who takes pride in their work,
gets the job done and has fun while doing so.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
● Process and code invoices and expense reports in multiple currencies
● Prepare weekly cheque runs, wires and ACH payments
● Perform purchase order matching with vendor bills to ensure accuracy of GL coding
● Communicate with various departments to obtain correct budget holder approvals
● Provide timely communication to vendors and internal stakeholders with respect to inquiries
related to invoices, payments, POs, and expense reports
● Follow up on unpaid invoices and manage ongoing vendor relationships
● Perform monthly credit card reconciliations, working with stakeholders across the
organization to ensure accurate and timely GL coding and approvals
● Support and uphold both new and current finance policies and help to educate corporate
● Support management in month-end close
● Perform other related duties as assigned
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
● 1-2 years of experience in accounts payables with understanding of procure to pay
● College courses in accounting preferred
● Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing
to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
● Commitment to Results: consistently achieves results, demonstrating high performance, and
challenging self and others to deliver results
● Problem Solving: uses an organized and logical approach to find solutions to complex
problems. Looks beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems
WHO YOU ARE:
● Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of
customers, colleagues and the community.
● Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
● Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and
you have strong integrity.
● Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives
Share our values: We champion the power of human connection. We’re united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success.
Make an impact: Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact.
Learn and grow: We’re committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other’s growth.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our purpose is to champion the power of human connection and the heart of connection is inclusion. You belong here.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.