Why you should work with us
At BCLC, we believe that our people are what makes us amazing so we are committed to our people. We have a culture of fun and hard work – it’s not unusual to see teams eating together at lunch in the cafeteria or heading outside for a walking meeting. We continue to have a highly engaged team and we’ve been named one of BC’s Top 50 Employers for over 10 years. Here are a few reasons why it’s great to be part of the team:
Why our Kamloops office rocks
The City of Kamloops offers a relaxed lifestyle with an abundance of recreational opportunities and a close-knit community of welcoming people. It has been home to the BCLC head office since 1985 and features:
The Accounting Technician provides accounting support to enable the department to deliver on professional services and financial solutions to the organization. This role is responsible for analyzing, recording and reporting financial data, and preparing financial/summary reports. This role also participates in the determination and implementation of preventative control measures and solutions, assisting in the identification and recommendations for process improvements.
The Accounting Technician will act as a consultative partner by providing regular input and resolving routine issues for internal and external stakeholders to enable the business to deliver on business initiatives efficiently and effectively.
The Accounting Technician will perform all or some of the following duties: See attached for details about duties in specific areas.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Performs daily gaming transaction reviews.
• Accounts for revenue and/or accounts receivable (including invoicing); or accounts payable; or cash flow and related activities.
• Posts journal entries for accounting adjustments.
• Performs account reconciliations.
• Completes various function-specific analyses and reports in support of other departmental functions.
• Interacts with personnel from suppliers, service providers, retailers, vendors, banks, and other third parties to resolve transactional and/or process issues.
• Interacts with other Finance areas including (but not limited to) Procurement and Taxation.
• Interacts with Business Technology to effect resolution of process and systems issues.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and Experience
• An accredited accounting diploma or accounting technical diploma, or equivalent;
• Active pursuit of an accredited professional accounting designation may be considered an asset;
• 2-3 years of recent, related experience;
• An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
• Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
• Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation;
• Working knowledge of corporate financial systems;
• Strong computer skills – MS office suite;
• Strong attention to detail;
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to present comprehensive information in an easily understood manner;
• Strong time management and multi-tasking skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and work within established deadlines and time constraints;
• Ability to work independently and as a team member;
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills;
• Good working knowledge of accounting principles with the ability to apply them in a practical way.
When working in Accounts Payable this role is responsible for the setting up and monitoring of accounts payable, in addition to conducting system transactional input, cheque production and distribution, as well as maintenance of all physical accounting and SAP records:
• Interprets written rules and regulations;
• Maintains accounting records involving multiple transactions;
• Reviews financial documents for accuracy, completeness, validity, and adherence to standards;
• Compiles, verifies, and reconciles financial data;
• Places holds, assesses late fees and processes debit/credit memos;
• Enters coding and data into the computer and reviews computer output for accuracy.
When working in Accounts Receivable this role performs accounts receivable (billing) functions for a variety of contracts:
• Ensures accurate and timely management and preparation of billings and/or capture of revenue and direct costs;
• Performs daily validation of gaming system data;
• Identifies and documents gaming system balancing issues;
• Performs monthly calculation for payments to gaming vendors;
• Answers inquiries from service providers, vendors, and internal contacts as necessary to clarify issues.
Please Note: This opportunity will remain open until March 1st, 2020.
Please Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada