ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A DYNAMIC TEAM READY TO TACKLE EXPANSION CHALLENGES?
Located in Montreal, you will delve into the SEMAFO experience at the heart of an expanding Canadian gold company in West Africa. Our commitment to Fondation SEMAFO fuels our pride in belonging to an organization where sustainable development represents a part of daily reality. Join a talented and meticulous team working at the head office of our internationally recognized company and discover the opportunity to make a difference!
Corporate financial analyst
Position at our head office in Ville Saint-Laurent
Reporting to the financial information coordinator
With a university degree in accounting and at least two years of auditing experience in an accounting firm or business to your credit, you will invest your time in the consolidation of the financial information of the subsidiaries of the parent company and the holding company. Your analytical mind and rigor will allow you to produce reports that are essential to support management decision making. Recognizing your good judgment and leadership, the financial information team will also invite you to participate in process improvement, control activities and ad hoc projects to nurture your professional development.
Main challenges and responsibilities
- Perform important tasks on a quarterly basis, including:
- The consolidation of financial information from the subsidiaries of the parent company and the holding company;
- The notes to financial statements;
- The financial statements and management reports of the holding company.
- Perform monthly tasks; including preparing reports for management and analyzing bank reconciliations of all subsidiaries.
- Analyze the exchange rate differences of the subsidiaries.
- Participate in the improvement of the consolidation process.
- Participate in internal controls related to NI 52-109.
- Participate in various ad hoc projects, including the annual audit.
Your profile and skills
- University degree in accounting
- Two to three years of auditing experience in an accounting firm or business
- Knowledge of IFRS
- Ability to multitask and work autonomously
- Bilingualism, both oral and written
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office environment; specifically in Excel
- Available to travel to Africa (1-2 trips per year)
To make a difference
- CPA title
- Team and results oriented
- Tolerance for stress
COME MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND MAKE THE GRADE!