Ivanhoé Cambridge, a global real estate industry leader, invests in high-quality properties and companies in select cities around the world. It does so prudently with a long-term view to optimize risk-adjusted returns. Founded in Quebec in 1953, Ivanhoé Cambridge has built a vertically integrated business across Canada. Internationally, the Company invests alongside key partners that are leaders in their respective markets.
Through subsidiaries and partnerships, Ivanhoé Cambridge holds interests in close to 500 properties, consisting primarily in office, retail, residential and logistics real estate. Ivanhoé Cambridge held more than Cdn$55 billion in assets as at June 30, 2016. The Company is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec ( cdpq.com ), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For further information: ivanhoecambridge.com .
Department: Finance and Accounting, Retail
Position type: Salaried
Reporting to the Manager, Collections and as a member of the Finance and Accounting, Retail team, the incumbent will be responsible for collection and other related tracking duties for tenants in his/her portfolio:
- Daily deposit of cash receipts;
- Daily entry and verification of deposit batches;
- Communication with tenants by telephone and in writing, to resolve collection issues and ensure follow-up on arrears;
- Daily review of the accounts receivable reports for progress & action;
- Maintain the appropriate follow-up logs with the collection efforts and status of the accounts;
- Reply to tenants queries pertaining to rent and adjustments such as Percent Rent and other additional rental adjustments;
- Work closely with operations team to ensure the collaboration of the collection efforts;
- Reconcile tenants' Account Receivable accounts as required;
- Perform monthly general ledger reconciliations for specific accounts;
- Review and post Account Administrators' cash receipt batches as required;
- Prepare monthly Allowance for doubtful accounts schedules;
- Perform any other duties as required.
- Post-secondary degree in Finance or Business Administration;
- Minimum of two years' experience in credit collection;
- Knowledge of MS Word, Ms Excel and J.D. Edwards;
- Fluent in French and English [oral & written] is essential;
- Organized and autonomous;
- Strong organizational interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work well in a past paced team environment;
- Good analytical skills and basic accounting knowledge;
- Flexible work schedule;
- High energy with a positive learning attitude.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS CHALLENGE, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of Canada's 50 Best Employers, 100 Top Employers and 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.