Référence de poste 4532
Ivanhoé Cambridge, a global real estate industry leader, invests in high-quality properties and companies in select cities around the world. It does so prudently with a long-term view to optimize risk-adjusted returns. Founded in Quebec in 1953, Ivanhoé Cambridge has built a vertically integrated business across Canada. Internationally, the Company invests alongside key partners that are leaders in their respective markets.
Through subsidiaries and partnerships, Ivanhoé Cambridge holds interests in close to 500 properties, consisting primarily in office, retail, residential and logistics real estate. Ivanhoé Cambridge held more than Cdn$55 billion in assets as at June 30, 2016. The Company is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For further information: ivanhoecambridge.com
Department: Development – Retail
Position type: Contract (3 years)
As the Project Accountant, you will provide support to the Development team in charge of all shopping centres in the province of Quebec and also Maison Manuvie. This is an exciting long term contract opportunity, which reports to the Vice President, Development, Retail. You will assist in the preparation of all financial and other data required in the monthly reporting of development projects. Utilizing key analytical skills including budgeting, cost control, accounting, reporting and management you will assist in the reporting of financial and budgeting analysis of this construction project. Specific duties include:
- Process all invoices; check for accuracy, compare to contracts as necessary, code all invoices, ensure proper approval received and assist with invoice payment process;
- Assist Senior Construction Manager with management of construction documentation;
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of the Monthly Financial Review report;
- Prepare elements of the Monthly Financial review; comprehensive analysis on key components of the development, identifying key issues impacting profitability;
- Attend development meetings, when needed;
- Assist departments that have role in the Forecast to Complete by providing financial tools;
- Facilitate/participate in monthly Forecast to Complete (FTC) meetings;
- Assist and participate in maintaining project forecasts (Forecast to Complete) during construction ;
- Prepare monthly cash calls for co-owners;
- Understand and comply with key control measures and internal policies to ensure safeguarding of funds;
- Assist with transition to Operations by providing data, as required;
- Assist with payments of tenant allowances ensuring timely and accurate payments;
- Work with Tenant Coordination to ensure a schedule is maintained showing all tenants, allowances and terms of payout.
- Assist Development Manager with posting, reducing and cancelling Letters of Credit and maintain schedule showing existing Letters of Credit and associated fees;
- Assist in preparing and providing financial information and reports as required, including Quarterly Board reporting and Year End reporting.
- At least 5 years' relevant experience in accounting, preferably in the real estate industry;
- A business degree or accounting diploma is necessary;
- Must possess excellent analytical skills, cost control, accounting and forecasting knowledge;
- Knowledge of J.D. Edwards an asset;
- Fluency in French and English (spoken and written);
- Advanced Excel skills and an excellent overall knowledge of Word and Outlook is necessary;
- Team spirit, ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS CHALLENGE, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of Canada's 50 Best Employers, 100 Top Employers and 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.